6010 Hammond Bay Road, Nanaimo, BC
53-unit apartment building with 16 one-bed and 37 two-bed options for seniors, small families, and persons with disabilities. All units have full kitchens, washrooms with walk-in showers and balconies. Shared laundry facilities on four floors. Low-cost parking.
Ballenas Housing Society (Ballenas) is proud to announce their newest rental property located at 6010 Hammond Bay Road in beautiful North Nanaimo, BC.
Opening in November 2023, the community is designated for independent, low-to-moderate-income residents.
Rental rates include deep subsidy, rent geared to income, and low end of market. Rates vary by unit type and are based on demonstrated need.
|Unit Type||A (2-bedroom)||B1 (2-bedroom)||B2 (2-bedroom)||C (1-bedroom)||D (1-bedroom)|
|Unit Size||820.2 sq ft||827.7 sq ft||870.8 sq ft||768.5 sq ft||705 sq ft|
|Subsidized Units||Available with up to date BC Housing Registry information and current registry number|
|Low end of Market||starting at $1,700||starting at $1,800||starting at $1,850||starting at $1,525||starting at $1,550|
Features and Amenities
- Designated for low to moderate income residents
- No smoking property
- All units with balconies
- Shared laundry facilities
- Paid vehicle, bike and scooter parking below building
- One (1) elevator
- Walk-in showers
- Three (3) fully wheelchair accessible units including low counter tops and wheel in showers
- Water included with rent
- Hydro is individually metred and not included in rent
- Phone, internet and cable services included for a limited period of time
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I be contacted?
A representative will email or phone those who have completed applications to set up an interview. You will be expected to bring up to date financial documents as well as a list of references to be contacted.
Is smoking permitted on the property?
All our properties are no-smoking. Residents shall not, nor permit anyone else to smoke, vape, or use electronic cigarettes for tobacco, cannabis or any other substance on the residential property.
Is this an Assisted Living Community?
No. This property is designed for independent residents.
Is tenant insurance necessary?
Yes, the Ballenas Housing Society requires all residents to have renter’s insurance covering personal belongings and general liability. Proof of an active insurance policy will be required upon request. If you do not yet have renter’s insurance, we can provide information on affordable coverage options.
- Woodgrove Centre (Walmart, Save-on Foods, etc)
- Nanaimo North Town Centre (Caledonian Clinic, Canadian Tire, Lowes)
- Dover Bay Secondary School
- Rutherford Elementary
- Jolly Giant Childcare
- Oliver Woods Community Centre
- Pleasant Valley Social Centre
- Lifelabs Medical Laboratory
- Brickyard Dental
- Central Drugs
- Vancouver Island Public Library
- Local bus Routes #20 and 92